Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming PIC16 with ICD2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_87

Dear all,

I have an ICD2, and I use it to Debug/Program development boards based on the PIC18 family. so I was wondering, can I use the ICD2 to Debug/Program the 16 family, beginning with the smallest devices like PIC16F84 ... to reach the more complex ones like 16F877 ??
if yes, how can it be used? any link or Blog will definitely help, thanks in advance.

Best Regards!

You just need a 16 series development board or connect one up on a breadboard.

Mike.

do u know any link that provides an efficient circuit that allows me to program PIC16 family using ICD2 ?

Best Regards

The Pic18 family include PGC and PGD in their pinout, unlike the small PIC16... Im not sure how to do the connection from the RJ11 module of the ICD2 and the lets say the PIC16F84 itself ... how should it be done ? thx

The 16F84A dont include PGC and PGD in its pinout !! so how to connect it with the ICD2's interface (RJ11), thats where im lost !!
thx

Look at the datasheet for your intended target, specifically the "Pinout description table".

For the 16F84A datasheet I have to hand, as Bill notes, RB6 & RB7 are respectively labelled as "Serial programming clock" and "Serial programming data".

PGC is your "Serial programming clock"
PGD is your "Serial programming data"

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back