Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming languages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo7mad

I have been using C++ a year and a half.
What you Suggest to move to another programming languages(Delphi,Java) or have an extra experience in C++.
and What is better Visual C++(Which I use) or Borland C++.

mo7mad said:
What you Suggest to move to another programming languages(Delphi,Java) or have an extra experience in C++.
i'll suggest to u go deep into C++/VC++ , because there is lot to be explorered , with this powerful language.

mo7mad said:

C++ is probably the best one to be involved with?, as for 'better', it's a relative term - historically Borland compilers have been FAR faster at compiling than MicroSoft ones, hence the 'Turbo' prefix on the old compilers.

Considering C is supposed to be 'portable' you would hope that code could be moved transparently between the two?, but I understand this isn't as easy as could be hoped?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Considering C is supposed to be 'portable' you would hope that code could be moved transparently between the two?, but I understand this isn't as easy as could be hoped?.

if a program is designed to be portable, we can compile that code on another machine w/o much modification , if not ,some modification is needed , especialy where direct os specific calls are made.

hi mo7amad

i think that java is really powerful too...especially that you are already familiar with OOP concepts...it is fun too...especially if u go into its SWING classes :lol:

I personally would suggest you to go for C++.
The Language offfers lot of flexibility to its users.

You're not giving us much to go on. What are you trying to do? Do you want to be markatable? What do you want to program? I mean, there's a reason why there's different languages, because they are good at different things.

In linux, I just want to create simple apps and not have to worry about a lower level programming language like C++, so I'm just using Python. I know C++, but Python is just easier for quick dev. Do you want to do web development?

I haven't done much programming for years, I used to like QBasic and assembler but I'm not very familiar with the more modern languages. Recently I've played around with FreeBASIC (a 99% QBasic compatable language released under the GPL) and it's quite good, but I don't plan to go back to programming, I've got better things to do.

C is pretty solid if you want to do electroics and hardware programming. Most computer apps however are now written on more recent languages. Like Java. VB, PERL, Python etc.
For sstem level programming though you cant beat C/C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back