Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming dspic30f

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansika

hi all,
i am dumping hex file in dspic30f6014A using parallel port(TAIT ckt) and the software i am using is winpic 800(propic2) i am able to dump the code successfully but here the problem is i need to remove the reset circuit every time to dump the code i.e when i am connecting the controller and programmer with reset(RC circuit) circuit present controller is not identifying however if i remove the reset circuit the programmer is working fine . why this is happening can't we program a controller in presence of Reset circuit.

try to download 70102k.pdf from microchip link below.
dsPIC30F6014A
para 11 and para4 would describe the programming modes. this is the best document to clear lots of you doubts, instead of taking a long route of debate. later , it could be discussed.
In general MCLR pin has to be taken to 12V Vpp for any programming. your design can t the best have a 10K resistor to Vdd from Mclr not a lower value. If so, you may not face any issues. All the best.
alternatiely if once you load a bootloader, perhaps you can load your program by other means into the chip, like serial sending under uart

Last edited:
yes if we want to program the controller we need to give 12V at the MCLR pin. i am giving 12V at the MCLR pin what happening is if i am placing reset circuit(R=10K ohm and C=10uF), controller is not identified when i remove this reset circuit then controller is identified correctly. my doubt is why this is happening

disc capacitor would do.in fact the Vdd and few mS later 12V should be timed. as such
manual way applying 12V wont work
while normal working you need only Vdd and MCLR tied to Vdd alone is sufficient. however you are putting 0.1 disc only for satisfaction.Let me repeat once again that, the 12V would come from the programmer thro a control not to be given manually.

Last edited:
Instead of TAIT circuit, try to use externally powered DL4YHF circuit.
i can send you an artwork for homebrewing a pcb.
it needs external regulated 12V or unregulated 15 or 16V DC as input.
if 12V is given , you need not mount the regulator and associated components on the programmer board.
This design helps Vpp first facility as 5V is derived from 12V. you might need that facility of Vpp first in 16F628A under a specific condition of Internal clock and Mclr off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back