Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming 16F628

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorpydo

I'm trying to program a PIC16F628 chip with a DIY 128 kit.

I am writing programs in basic with "Crownhil's P-lite." From there I am using "MicroPro" that came with DIY pack 19. I believe the chip is being programmed correctly. I was able to get a solenoid valve to actuate when I pressed a switch. I tried changing some thing things and now I can not get the program to work, nor a new one, simple lighting an LED.

I don't really know whats wrong. I changed something in the "fuses" section. Is there anyplace that I could read more about what all these do? If thats not it, does anyone have any other ideas?

Thorpydo said:
I'm trying to program a PIC16F628 chip with a DIY 128 kit.

I am writing programs in basic with "Crownhil's P-lite." From there I am using "MicroPro" that came with DIY pack 19. I believe the chip is being programmed correctly. I was able to get a solenoid valve to actuate when I pressed a switch. I tried changing some thing things and now I can not get the program to work, nor a new one, simple lighting an LED.

I don't really know whats wrong. I changed something in the "fuses" section. Is there anyplace that I could read more about what all these do? If thats not it, does anyone have any other ideas?

The datasheet explains them all, you can also look at my tutorials which are based mostly on the 16F628.

You obviously shouldn't be changing fuse settings at random, this is highly likely to prevent it working!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back