Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programmer i am building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest building the Inchworm+. It will fix all problems for ever in one go.

I had SO MUCH of trouble getting the David Tait type parrallel programmer to finally work. And when it finally did, computers quit having parrallel ports.

I had such a nice experience with the Inchworm+. Ofcource it takes more components and time especially since I built it on a breadboard. But it worked almost on the first try. And being able to compile and burn from a single tool, the standard one (MPLAB) really makes things look straightforward. well worth the try.

pkshima said:
I would suggest building the Inchworm+. It will fix all problems for ever in one go.

I had SO MUCH of trouble getting the David Tait type parrallel programmer to finally work. And when it finally did, computers quit having parrallel ports.

I had such a nice experience with the Inchworm+. Ofcource it takes more components and time especially since I built it on a breadboard. But it worked almost on the first try. And being able to compile and burn from a single tool, the standard one (MPLAB) really makes things look straightforward. well worth the try.

Hi what is INCHWORM + is it a programmer? Can you send me a link that I can build it on a VERO BOARD?

Thanks

Suraj143 said:
Hi what is INCHWORM + is it a programmer? Can you send me a link that I can build it on a VERO BOARD?

Thanks

Try looking at the post at the top of the list in this forum.

Mike.

Suraj143 said:

Thanks

**broken link removed**

Yes you can build it on a veroboard. Presently I have fabricated it on a breadboard and I will also build it on a veroboard next when I get time.

Suraj143 said:
Thanks
It is a programer. It is also a debugger. Works similar to JTAG. It is one step up from a ROM monitor debugger and less then a processor emulator box.

The inchworm(+) can be built from scratch or kit. The kit or a bare PCB can be had from dipmicro. It is a good chice if you need help in that several people on this forum are familar with the inchworm.

The inchworm is based on the development of **broken link removed**
**broken link removed** has PCB artwork and some hand holding for a Stolz like ICD2.

Last edited:
**** it, Im just going to make my life easier and buy the Inchworm+

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back