Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programmer help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodpickles

Hello!
I bought this device : **broken link removed**
I made a short program in JAL, that I would like to load to it. There is no instruction manual include or available.

I compile my program to .hex right.
Now how do I load it to the device. What programmer do I use?

From the details in the Ebay advert it looks to me like it's a bootloader programmer (or ICD), and should come complete with all the software required. From the description it also includes a BASIC compiler, and it's intended to be programmed using that - rather than another language.

If you program the PIC using another language and programmer you are extremely likely to erase the bootloader code - rendering the original purpose of the board useless.

It seems a bit strange that the sellers website lists this item as "coming soon", I would expect all the information you might require would be available from the seller (who appears to be the manufacturer).

Yes the basic software is from oshenshoft...but they only have a parrelel programmmer :? And there is a serial port on the device.

goodpickles said:
Yes the basic software is from oshenshoft...but they only have a parrelel programmmer :? And there is a serial port on the device.

The board is from **broken link removed**, which is who sold it on Ebay, get in touch with them. The details on their website say "On board PIC serial programer with auto switch from program mode to run mode (Virtually an emulation / debugger with PC com port connection)".

I contacted momentumfire, and this is the info that they sent me. It seems scant..., can you tell any more from this?
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Here is an example program that they sent me.
**broken link removed**

They did not tell me how to program it though.

Looks like the info on the website is not quite correct...here is an email from the seller.

The Microchip 16F877 need a programming board.
it can be:
(1) By the circuit find in OshonSoft.com (Parallel port)
(2) Use the Universial Programmer I'm posting in ebay (Serial port)
(3) Other programmer (USB), will be avaliable soon in my E-shop.

I recommend to use universal programmer as it can also write EEPROM, other
PIC chips, ATMEL......
Perfect for your coming design.

so you have a board that can do all that stuff except actually program your chip , is this correct?

seems like it, but I wonder if it was not design to also program it, but they don't have the firmware done yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back