Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programmable array logic- help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_lebowski

can anyone help with a programmable array logic diagram. there are 6 inputs, A notA, B notB, C notC. these are inputting 4 AND gates, 4 outputs from these are inputting an OR gate. decoding logic is to be used to generate a logic 1 when counter output indicates the number 2 or 3. I have to complete diagram to implement the required decoding logic.

So write a boolean expression which decodes the counter outputs. The boolean expression can then be directly implemented on the diagram.

The boolean expression would be notA.B.notC + notA.B.C so if i implement this into the 4 and gates can the boolean expression be repeated? therefore cancelling out and leaving with the original expression as each and gate has to have an input.

Each of the AND gates has enough inputs to do a complete product term epression.
Code:
AND GATE #1 ->  A'BC'
AND GATE #2 ->  A'BC
The output of those two AND gates goes to an OR gate and you have your sum of products expression.

messed the last post up there sorry.i meant A'BC' and A'BC but there are 4 and gates going to the or gate. so does each and gate need an input?

No. the PAL programming logic knows that unused AND gates output a zero to the input of the or gate. They have noeffect on the output of the OR gate.

Thanks for your help, the notes we have are quite ambigiuous. There is a section that states that 2 of the and gates could have the same function and cancel out.

What PAL device you are using ??.I think it better to write a VHDL program for your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back