Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

progam low voltage PICs and programo on board

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanchute

I want to know two things
1. I have a home made programer for PICs. I want to know if with this programer can program low voltage PICs
2. How can I program a pic that is allredy atached to a circuit?. Do I need to put multiplexors?. If I do, where in order to be the minimum.
it is a really good site
thanks

Programming a PIC on board is not a game! Two possibilities:

1.- You've soldered the PIC, so you know all the circuit and, maybe (only maybe) it'll be possible two program. I would desolder it anyway and put a "IC plug" instead. You can plug and unplug the micro there afterwards.

2.- The PIC is there because some firm put it there. So, be sure the PIC is protected for reading or writing.

no,no no se trata de eso
quiero hacer una plaqueta para un circuito, pero como quiero q sea bien chico, podria decidir por el encapsulado cuadrado. lo malo es q no lo voy a poder sacar, entonces queria saber cuales son los pines minimos a multiplexar(el pic es un 877). lo q tengo entendido es q por lo menos los bits de data, clock, write, y uno mas que tiene q ir con un pull down los tendria q multiplexar entre programar, y el ciruito en si. quiero saber si alguno mas es necesario o directamente no se puede
ademas quiero q consuma poco por eso low voltage, si utilizan el mismo programador, voltage para programarse
gracias

that is not the idea
I want to make a board with the pic attached to it, and a module to program it. so i need the basic pins to multilex in order to program/run circuit. and the other thing is if i could program a low voltage pic with a normal programer
thnks

juanchute said:
I want to know two things
1. I have a home made programer for PICs. I want to know if with this programer can program low voltage PICs
2. How can I program a pic that is allredy atached to a circuit?. Do I need to put multiplexors?. If I do, where in order to be the minimum.
it is a really good site
thanks

1.Which programmer is it?

2. which pic are you trying to do icp ?

I have a someone like the P800, but if any programer could do what I want, or a circuit, I would build it. The pic is a 16f877

You can use the picstart or similar programmers for ICSP. For the PIC16F87X and similar devices, if you can free up pins RB6 and RB7 (or at least disconnect these pins from output driving devices) and if MCLR pin is connected to VCC through a pull-up resistor, you can wire these lines to the programming socket of the picstart programmer. Use an IC socket if you have to. Also, connect the ground line of the circuit to pin#31 of the picstart programming socket.

You can also add a boot loader program and avoid having to make an on-board programmer. You don't need to enable low voltage programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back