Production Monitoring Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanmustang44

At my work we have a oven line that heats yarn/ treats yarn as it passes threw. The employees are support to keep a log of the machine run time and the machine down time. The plant has 3 shifts and when i am not here on 1st shift the other employees on the shifts write down false information of when there running the machine.

With that being said there is a lot of electrical devices on this machine and i would like to have a way to do this data log electronically. There is a production counter on this machine already but i would like to have this to where i can pull the information off with a computer. how the production counter works is when the machine is running the production timer counts up and never resets. i would like to have it so that when the signal is sent to the counter that something as a Siemens LOGO! or anything will monitor the date and time as when the machine is up and running so i can have the actually data log and not false information on a sheet of paper.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I have done this several times.
Is there a PC running all the time within 50 feet we can run a wire to? Serial port.
I have some data loggers that will run with out a PC. USB or 10-base T
Where are you?

A serial cable can only run so far.

A data logger will record the time of every event. You will need to go by with a laptop and get the data every day or so.

I would want the data in an excel file.

10:14:07 AM 1
10:14:12 AM 2
10:15:22 AM 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…