Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Production Monitoring Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanmustang44

At my work we have a oven line that heats yarn/ treats yarn as it passes threw. The employees are support to keep a log of the machine run time and the machine down time. The plant has 3 shifts and when i am not here on 1st shift the other employees on the shifts write down false information of when there running the machine.

With that being said there is a lot of electrical devices on this machine and i would like to have a way to do this data log electronically. There is a production counter on this machine already but i would like to have this to where i can pull the information off with a computer. how the production counter works is when the machine is running the production timer counts up and never resets. i would like to have it so that when the signal is sent to the counter that something as a Siemens LOGO! or anything will monitor the date and time as when the machine is up and running so i can have the actually data log and not false information on a sheet of paper.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I have done this several times.
Is there a PC running all the time within 50 feet we can run a wire to? Serial port.
I have some data loggers that will run with out a PC. USB or 10-base T
Where are you?

A serial cable can only run so far.

A data logger will record the time of every event. You will need to go by with a laptop and get the data every day or so.

I would want the data in an excel file.

10:14:07 AM 1
10:14:12 AM 2
10:15:22 AM 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back