Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems Wiring Relay with Flow Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMASCO

Hello, I am hoping someone can assist me in determine the correct way to wire a project that I am currently working on. I have totally confused myself on how to wire each control.

My Goal: To install a flow switch/sensor into the main hot water line coming from the heater, this will turn on when it senses the draw for hot water. - Then the output from the sensor will activate the 10sec “delay-on” relay. Once the ten seconds has elapsed the relay will turn the pump that circulates the water throughout the system. – Once the draw for the main flow of hot water is stopped, the flow sensor will not recognize this because the pump will generate the flow over the sensor and therefore the pump will continue to run (this is ok). – On the hot water return pipe that the water continues to flow through there is an aquastat which is set to 130 degrees, once the aquastat senses that the water has reached 130 degrees it will break the current to the pump and therefore there will won’t be any flow of water over the flow sensor. Then the system will reset itself till the next time there is a demand for hot water. In theory this should work.

***See Layout Picture Below***

Parts list:
• Relay – SSAC model TRU3 (11 pin DPDT) (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/01/TRU01A01.pdf)
• Flow Sensor - IFM Electronic – SI8504 (SID10ADBFKOW/LS) (SI8504)
• Pump – Taco model 005-BT4 (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/01/101-030.pdf)
• Aquastat – White –Rodgers model 1127-2 (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2010/01/0037-1209.pdf)

Since I have 110v ac at the location I plan on operating all controls by 110v ac. Due to the large number of wires and connection I have managed to completely confuse myself and would hate to damage any of these devices. Therefore any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should mention that all of the items are installed in the system and that the aquastat has been installed and set to cut out at 130 degress. The problem I am having is how the flow meter and relay should be energized also where the pump leads and aquastat should be tied into the circut. I have tried to map the connections out on paper but I get confused with the purpose of each wire on the relay and flow meter.

Attachments

• Electric Flow Chart.jpg
    Electric Flow Chart.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,470
Well I spent the day trying to determine how to wire each component (See Attached).

Any input would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Wiring Diagram Pic.jpg
    Wiring Diagram Pic.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 6,508
Pump 1.JPG
Do you see any problems with this?

If you have the 11 pin DPDT relay switch, it looks like the input AC voltage would be on pins 2 and 10, and then the relay output would be on pins 3 and 9. You would put the relay slide switch to the 'delay on make' mode. The S1 switch would not be used.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back