Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problems about optocoupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

neha Joshi

Hello!
Im doing a small project in electronics.In which im using an optocoupler.It is MCT2\MCT2e(photo transistor,base driven).I have a problem about its connections.It is base driven optocoupler.The pin 6 is the base of the photo transistor.so where should I connect it.I have understood the connections of all other pins.Personally i feel it shouldnt be connected,but left open.
please will anyone one help me with it.
And i have a deadline for submitting this project by this weekend.so please help me people.

Hello!
Im doing a small project in electronics.In which im using an optocoupler.It is MCT2\MCT2e(photo transistor,base driven).I have a problem about its connections.It is base driven optocoupler.The pin 6 is the base of the photo transistor.so where should I connect it.I have understood the connections of all other pins.Personally i feel it shouldnt be connected,but left open.
please will anyone one help me with it.
And i have a deadline for submitting this project by this weekend.so please help me people.

It depends on how you are using the coupler. For simple digital on/off application you can leave the base connection floating. If however you wish to pass analog information, then the base connection allows one to bias the photo-transistor to a linear operation.

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back