Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with reduced voltage after a LPF is added

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahdavewest751

Hello, I have a problem with my circuit. I have a converted 5V AC voltage to a 5V DC voltage and the output is put through a LPF with 100k Resistor and 1u Capacitor to reduce the noise but when a Howland voltage to current circuit is attached after the LPF the voltage is reduced to 460mV.

Can anyone offer any advice why this is happening?

If the 100k resistor is reduced to 10k ohms and the 1uf capacitor is increased to 10uF then the DC voltage will be higher and the filtering will be the same.
Also try 1k ohms with 100uF or 100 ohms with 1000uF.

What frequency of the PWM running at?
What ripple voltage can you withstand?

Reducing the resistance and cap has done the trick. Ideally I wanted to use phase sensitive detection to take an AC input from an amplifier and mix it with a ref signal to produce a rectified output with noise removed but I have no idea how to do this. Anyone no how to do this?

Noise might be at all frequencies, not just high frequencies. If you reduce the noise then you also reduce voice and music frequencies.
It might be better to prevent the noise. Is it coming from a lousy old opamp? Then use a modern low-noise audio opamp instead.

Post deleted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back