Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with PIC18f4620 having previous program

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohagiut

hy, i am trying to do some interrupt programming test on my PIC18f4620 which i used previously as Zigbee node. means the zigbee node program was there. now i built another test program and successfully compleate the 'Project built' and 'program' by MPLAB ICD2. after that i connect Hyperterminal to see the serial port operation (sending information from pc to microcontroller and microcontroller to pc). but still i am getting the message "Microchip ZigBee(TM) Stack - v1.0-3.5......." which i had previously while working with zigbee.

now my query is how to erase the previous program from PIC18f4620.

Hi,

I am a newbie as well but I can suggest you things which I do to erase the program. If you are using MPLAB ICD2, then select the programming mode [NOT the debugging mode]. Set a connection with the PIC. Then go to program--> Erase part. After that click on Blank check. Finally click on program to load your code into the PIC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vili

vili.chaudhary said:
If you are using MPLAB ICD2, then select the programming mode [NOT the debugging mode]. Set a connection with the PIC. Then go to program--> Erase part. After that click on Blank check. Finally click on program to load your code into the PIC.
Completely unnecessary! MPLAB automatically erases the chip before programming it. Just program it and you're done. All those other steps are redundant. All you're doing is wearing out your flash twice as fast as necessary. :)

Sounds to me like he either has something wired wrong, or his programmer isn't working right.

And you can program it in debug mode, from the debugger menu. It takes a bit longer, as it has to program the debug code as well as your own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back