Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with pic12f675

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanjubluerock3

hi i am having trouble loading hex to pic12f675 my pickit2 detects it but on the right side i see this message "OSCCAL:Invalid Value 3FF" i can import hex but when i try to write it gives me an error "invalid osccal value detected " please help me.....

Attachments

• pic 12f675 error 2.PNG
    pic 12f675 error 2.PNG
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,279
  • pic 12f675 error.PNG
    pic 12f675 error.PNG
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,148
i get two options enter manually or auto regenerate if select the second option it gives me an error saying osccal auto-regenerating failed and if i don't know what value to enter

2C is about mid value for the oscillator value so it must work. You don't need to insert an oscillator value just skip it

You haven't unintentionally write protected the chip? Can you write to any other locations, ie can you write the program to the chip?

Looks to me as if the program has written 3FF to every location.

Ian

Last edited:
You haven't unintentionally write protected the chip? Can you write to any other locations, ie can you write the program to the chip?

Looks to me as if the program has written 3FF to every location.

That's probably the result of erasing the chip, it sets all bit's to ones - because of that you have to save and restore the OSCCAL value.

sorry same issue if anybody has working 12f675 please post the correct oscalvalue thanks in advance please i need help urgently

Any value up to about 5Ch will work. You can simply disregard the notice for the oscillator value and program the chip.

Last edited:
The PICkit2 should be able to recalibrate it. If it can't there's some underlying reason which you want to get to the bottom of.

Try erasing the PIC, turning off code protect, and then re-try the auto-calibrate.

Last edited:
sorry same issue if anybody has working 12f675 please post the correct oscalvalue thanks in advance please i need help urgently

The value is specific to each chip, that's the point of it - it's calculated and written during testing.

There are details on MicroChip somewhere on how to measure it yourself.

The value from another chip, as suggested above, will work fine - BUT the oscillator may not be as accurate as you would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back