Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with junebug and mplab 8.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryf

When I tried to run mplab, and selected pickit2 as programer I get message
Initializing PICkit 2 version 0.0.3.30
Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.32.0
Target power not detected - Powering from PICkit 2 ( 5.00V)
PKWarn0003: Unexpected device ID: Please verify that a PIC18F452 is correctly installed in the application. (Expected ID = 0x420, ID Read = 0x7C0)

the yellow led goes off.
If I press the ok button the screen displays Pickit2 ready

What does this mean?
Thnaks Jerry

Try the standalone PICkit2 2.55 software as it can autodetect the target PIC and has diagnostics.

Does your 18F452 have it's own power supply?

I'm working with a Junebug I bought assembled

I'm working with a Junebug I bought assembled, just trying to find what I need to to run some of the tutorial pieces.
I don't really understand what I need to work with the Junebug.
Jerry

Initializing PICkit 2 version 0.0.3.30
Found PICkit 2 - Operating System Version 2.32.0
Target power not detected - Powering from PICkit 2 ( 5.00V)
PKWarn0003: Unexpected device ID: Please verify that a PIC18F452 is correctly installed in the application. (Expected ID = 0x420, ID Read = 0x7C0

0x7C0 is the device ID for PIC18F1320 which is the Junebug target chip.
This is good news, it is finding the target chip.

Change CONFIG>SELECT_DEVICE to PIC18F1320 and it will fix this
problem.

Thanks
Everthing is now set and ok.
Where can I find infomation on what I can do with this program and the junebug ?

JPUG #1 download does not respond

The link for JPUG #1 download does not respond.
Nothing happens whne I click that link on **broken link removed**

Jerry

ok i completed the junebug.bas program and I now have 6 led flashing in a row.
The problem is how do I stop it. I quit swordfish. I disconnected the usb connection (i persume the power.
I press the reset buttons and the leds stop but as soon as I release the button it starts flashing again.
I would really like to run the uart demo, but I don't where to get the pickit2 uart tool.
Thanks Jerry

The PICkit2 UART tool is part of the PICkit2 2.55 software on the PICkit2 page at Microchip on this page.
**broken link removed**

The LEDs will run forever. You could change the While / Wend loop to a For / Next loop...

I feel that the O P may have to install ".NET" while installing v2.55 to be able to get some facilities, Bill

The link for JPUG #1 download does not respond.
Nothing happens whne I click that link on **broken link removed**

Jerry

the link provided by you is working perfect and i have just downloaded the issue !!!

perhaps you may check the facilities like java enabling etc on you PC.

@Bill
i was talking about the OP and myself. i have been able to use it, thanks to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back