Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with crt lg tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

qasem321

my tv is ultra slim lg
it after 1 hour at top of image creat many horizontal lines
i replace 3 capasitor in vertical zone
100 -1000-1 microf
but no answer

Attachments

• after 2 .jpg
    after 2 .jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 10,269
Welcome. What Country you from?

Here is CW81B diagram...

To find the faulty "Cap presumably"...you need the diagram which I have provided....Good luck searching. L.G's are a PITA as they differ from Country to Country even with the same PCB.

Have fun!!!!!

Attachments

• LG 21FU6TL -TLG-RLG-T4-Z4 Chassis CW81B.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 1,157
Last edited:
Obviously somewhere 'backward' if still using CRT's :rolleyes:

I feel insulted :wideyed:

It is hardly my fault that I have to fix these still for the masses here....it's not like I sold them the CRT set....
Should I abandon CRT repairs.....?

South Africa has a few good people that still are prepared to help the idiots here.....for how much longer I don't know....

And South Africa was always a beautiful place. My home since birth. And were going forwards and progressing until Zuma and Co decided to drag the whole country back.

I don't know what else to say Nigel.

:(:(:(, except that you probably regard me as "backward" too then?

How is this for "backward": ZYXWVUTSRQPONMLKJIHGFEDCBA

Last edited:
Welcome. What Country you from?

Here is CW81B diagram...

To find the faulty "Cap presumably"...you need the diagram which I have provided....Good luck searching. L.G's are a PITA as they differ from Country to Country even with the same PCB.

Have fun!!!!!

In the past I would just hit the caps with freeze spray; it might save some time. Most likely a Filter Cap in the Flyback Primary; like C803.

Many countries may still have CRTs until the government says you have to go digital.

Repairing a simple fault on an old TV is a University project?.

Check C309, use a scope to check the ripple on the 26V rail, plus check it's 26V with a meter.

Check C311 and C321, the scan coil coupling capacitors.

Check C307 and D302, the bootstrap components.

Replace IC301 - frame IC

Repairing a simple fault on an old TV is a University project?.

Check C309, use a scope to check the ripple on the 26V rail, plus check it's 26V with a meter.

Check C311 and C321, the scan coil coupling capacitors.

Check C307 and D302, the bootstrap components.

Replace IC301 - frame IC

In the hands of an "Engineer" it's amazing what you can do with a schematic.

Nigel; you likely designed half the circuits in this set. :rolleyes:

I have often wondered...what EXACTLY is a TV Engineer.....how long do you study at Universities to earn the right to call yourself an "Engineer"...

Here in South Africa, the term "TV Engineer" is unheard of...

Please enlighten me. And advise me what route I need to take to qualify as a one. I also want to be able to call myself a "TV Engineer" one day.

And then be super clever like you.

And you know EXACTLY how to wind me up.....if only you would say something.....but no..silence...makes me cross. Master of the Game :)

LOL...that is why you have as many posts and likes as you have....

For the record...I think you are a miserable old *******, likes mind games and all. I canno't win here...silence as usual....

And with that I bail out. Stay well Nigel.

Thank you
tvtech

Last edited:
I have often wondered...what EXACTLY is a TV Engineer.....how long do you study at Universities to earn the right to call yourself an "Engineer"...

There's never been (as far as I know?) a degree course in becoming as TV engineer, courses for it were run at local technical colleges - a course that I never completed (I dropped out, as it was just a waste of my time).

More details - in my day the course was called ETV (Electronics and TeleVision), and was a four year 'day release' course - so you were released from work one day a week to attend college, and usually had to attend one evening as well. Previous to that, it was called RTV (Radio and TeleVision), and used to be a six year course.

Anyway, I skipped ETV1, as I already had Physics O Level I was allowed to start directly in ETV2 - I completed ETV2 (with high marks, can't remember what). I then did ETV3, where I scored the highest mark it was possible to receive (Distinction Grade 1), and as a result 'skipped' ETV3 and moved to a Technicians course (T3) - where we met the people from the old RTV course, now on at least their SEVENTH year :D

The course started in the Autumn, and we spent part of the afternoon in the 'heavy machines' lab, a scary place with big motors everywhere and bare live brass terminals on the walls carrying 3 phase 440V mains :nailbiting:

Amongst things we did were phase shift measurements - using wires from the afore mentioned bare 440V terminals, with the resistor and capacitor coming in floor standing metal frames mounted on wheels? - scary stuff.

This seemed a little strange to me, but no one else seemed bothered by it, so I persevered for the time being.

However, a few weeks later they had us dropping a magnet in a coil, and watching a galvanometer go 'weeeeeee' - so I was just just sat staring at it, and the lecturer came up and asked me what I was doing, I replied I wasn't doing 'this load of crap', and that I did it back at school when I was 11, and that this was supposed to be a technicians course with people in their seventh (or more) year doing electronics. He wasn't a happy man :D and stormed off (at least he didn't cry), presumably to get me thrown out of the college - note that not a single other person had complained.

This caused a huge upset at the college, the result of which was that they admitted they had made a huge mistake, and had sent the class to the wrong room and the wrong course - good job at least I noticed :p

Anyway, I gave it till Christmas, I was still learning nothing I didn't already know - so I never went back after the Christmas break.

Here in South Africa, the term "TV Engineer" is unheard of...

Please enlighten me. And advise me what route I need to take to qualify as a one. I also want to be able to call myself a "TV Engineer" one day.

You just need to be able to do the job :D

I've certainly always thought of you as a TV Engineer.

Now I feel terrible regarding my post above. At last you replied to something...I wrote.

I take back all I wrote because I was cross. WOW. For the very first time I had a reaction from you. Crazy times. Been here Four Years and at last something...

Shows you are human after all :)

And a decent one at that :D:D:D

Thank you,
tvtech

Last edited:
And, I have to say this....other forum Members are quite now.....they don't what to expect next :):):)

All is good here @ ETO. Love this place.

tvtech

Sheesh TV,
sometimes you just need to step back and let a written post simmer before hitting submit.
An hour may work sometimes, perhaps 24 in other cases and 48 in the most extreme.
We get things wrong sometimes and firmly grasp the end of the stick with the poo on it, unwilling to let go.
It's only later, when other things come to light, that the realisation sets in that a certain gun may have been jumped.
Sometimes, it's best to sit on those experienced fingers and wait, or seek clarification before going on the offensive.

Regards my friend,
Mick.

We all enjoy you, TV. I didn't mean to start anything. I can see where this went south. I didn't mean to create un-intentional mis-communication.

Everyone, please move away from the keyboard :(

kv

p.s. Went south is an American Phrase. No "Pun" intended.

Last edited:
You Guys are the very best people I have ever met on the Web :)

Bar none. And yes, I love every one of you. From Mods to Members. Some guide, some straight talk me when I say hasty things......it's like a bunch of friends that care....a wonderful caring community that is a rare find anywhere :D:D:D

All the best,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back