Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with chained LM3915

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, it works.
Your frequency is extremely low at 8.69Hz so your 'scope shows the peak detector output voltage ramping down between half-wave pulses.
Try removing Q3 and/or R14 to remove the Automatic Gain Control compression. The AGC allows a signal 10 times higher to activate the same LEDs as the lower level.
Do not exceed a peak input voltage of 2.1V which is only 0.276W RMS in an 8 ohm speaker. The value of R9 must be increased to allow higher input levels.

thanks, i was wondering whether you had interest in this subject left.
Ah so that meaning AGC had. How that portion works? higher input signal=more gain? at least so it seems as q3's base is tied to opamps output
No worries, i don't think i'll exceed input voltage, thanks for warning

I tested taking q3/r14 out circuit, and it doesn't effect output waveform, which is good
but, i tried changing r9 from 50k to 100k and output from peak detector drops so it doesn't show peak anymore, even at new cutoff which is half from earlier
all shots have Q3 removed
r9=50k (9.8hz)
NewFile12.png
r9=100k (9.8hz)
NewFile13.png
r9=100k (4.8hz)
NewFile14.png
and even at audible frequencies like 60hz or so peak doesn't rise in r9=100k situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back