Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with backlight for display NEC NL6448BC33 – 59

Status
Not open for further replies.

antani

Hi,

any time ago the backlight of the display panel NEC NL6448BC33 – 59 stopped to function so i ordered it on Ama and replace it.

After 5 minutes stopped to again so i think could be the inverter

i tried to supply voltage to this unit (+12Vdc) to try again the backlight but no response...(maybe died backlight after replacement)

It's impossible to find the same inverter because manufactured from the house of the equipment where display panel is placed (Simrad)...

It's not possible to send in repation or find another same unit (Simrad CX 44 for boat radar) because is obsolete and out of production since few years.

This is a big problem because if no repair solution the owner of the boat have to change all equipment installed on the boat because there's no compatibility with a new unit (instead of Simrad CX44 out of production)

Any ideas to solve? (please don't say to change boat! :p )

Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-08-27 at 16.49.47.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-27 at 16.49.47.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 117
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-08-27 at 15.37.44(1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-27 at 15.37.44(1).jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 95
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-08-27 at 15.37.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-27 at 15.37.44.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 132
It would be fairly unusual if you could just stick power on the inverter, and it works - there are five wires connecting to it - one is probably enable, one would be brightness, and the last probably a feedback error signal to allow the processor to shut everything down in case of a tube fault.

There seems little on the inverter board?, is there a chip on the other side? - if so, google it's number and try and find a datasheet.

It would be fairly unusual if you could just stick power on the inverter, and it works - there are five wires connecting to it - one is probably enable, one would be brightness, and the last probably a feedback error signal to allow the processor to shut everything down in case of a tube fault.

There seems little on the inverter board?, is there a chip on the other side? - if so, google it's number and try and find a datasheet.
In the other side there aren't components (only extend ground metal surface).
Unfurtunally this inverter is produced and remanufacturing from Simrad and not in commerce so i find only other data sheet type but with more wire (8)

At example this inverter for the same display has more wire and components:
so is not possible to connect on my mother board (5 wire connector)

i would try to make an external pilotage circuit with new inverter....but i don't know where to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back