problem programing pic16f84A

Status
Not open for further replies.

swh

Hi every body.
I am samuel.
I have two codes writeen in asembly and c. The problem is how to transfer both of this codes together into the microcontroller.One more thing also, is there a problem if I replace the PIC16F84 by PIC16F84A.
thank you for you help.

Do these 2 programs have anything to do with each other? what is the relationship between the 2 ? ...

Strange id to put 2 seperate programs into one pic, more info would be nice.

problem programing pic16f84

The two codes written in assembly and in c are suppoed to work together the same job. First the assembly reads a frequency calculate the level changes from 5 to 0. After that the cod written in c compares this levels with the stored ones and drives leds acording to the value of the comparison.

hat is easier if you copy the asm code and paste to c code between

#asm

#endasm

compile the c code again and program for your pic.

if you want to use #include <file> you have to write the c code in form of .h file. That is no a file to run. I don't know how to explain in English. But well, you can try my solution upthere.

Jou place the #asm directives at the place where the asm should be executed.

For example, you make a function Call_Asm() and in that function you put your asm code using the directive, then the asm code will be called every time you call your Call_Asm() funtion

I get what you mean.But for me it would be easy if there is a way to call the c inside the assembly.
And by the way is there any proboblem if i replace pic16f84 with pic16f84A
the programs were written for pic16f84A.

swh said:
And by the way is there any proboblem if i replace pic16f84 with pic16f84A
the programs were written for pic16f84A.

It makes no difference, the A version of the 16F84 is simply a later silicon revision, and not a FLASH chip like many of the newer A varients.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…