Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

printer parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie_r

I was recently given an old lexmark X83 printer that had quit working.

The only problem I found with it was the paper wouldn't feed, totally mechanical failure. Everything else worked on it, electronically speaking. The replacement parts were more than the printer was worth, so I tore it apart.

I have several questions about some of the chips on the main board, and the possibility of reuse in other projects. These are only the parts that I would be able to harvest for reuse with my skill level in board making and soldering.

ATMEL ATF 16V8B-15PC (pld) PDIP package

SLK MFP USBC V10-2 (what is it? google came up with nada) SOIC

TI 23C41 3K AHC14 (what is it? again, nothing found on google) SOIC

74AHC08D (Quad 2-input AND gate - NXP) SOIC

XC90105-4FN MOTOROLA part (unknown, still available in online stores, but no datasheet) QFP

XWM8192 WOLFSON MICRO ((8+8) Bit Output 16-bit CIS/CCD AFE/Digitiser) SOIC

39vf020 70-4C-NH (512 Kbit / 1 Mbit / 2 Mbit / 4 Mbit (x8) Multi-Purpose Flash - Silicon Storage Technology, Inc) QFP

MC34063A (DC-DC converter control circuit) SOIC

SD1602H (16x2 LCD module)

If anyone can find out about the unknowns, I would appreciate it.

@ Nigel: would that LCD module work for your tutorials?

Last edited:
This LCD has 2 COB modules, I am assuming the larger is the LCD controller, and the smaller is the segment driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back