Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Printed circuit board to be needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

clohebusoa

I have sent some PCB designs to factories for prototyping. The price, however, varies greatly. Some ask 200USD for a four-layer 5cm*10cm PCB prototyping. While some only ask for 50USD. I assume that there are differences between these two factories. However, I could not find the differences. Could I ask for some advice here?

Prototyping is a hit and miss thing.... Some houses do more than others... That way they can spread the costs between several customers.... Other houses bundle the whole PCB costs onto one customer!! They still need to fork out for tooling and setting up... If three other customers require the same type of board as you, then the tooling cost will be split 4 ways...

There is a huge difference in costs between boards made in tgmhe US (and I'm guessing Europe too) and China. I have been using Chinese fab houses with good results at a small fraction of what it would cost to build the boards in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back