Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Princeton Remote Control Decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can do a descriptive search on AllDataSheet: ::: ALLDATASHEET - Datasheet search site, Datasheet search site for Electronic Components and Semiconductors and other semiconductors.

There were 30 hits, but availability of some might be a problem in NZ.

I have used the MC145027 family of 9-bit trinary encoder and decoders that are still available in the US. John

Edit: For some reason the old Holtek encoders didn't come up in the alldatasheet search. Here is a link to them:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Just write your own using a PIC.

Is this easy to do? That's what I was attempting to do initially for encoding and decoding and it seemed that it was going to be a bit of a nightmare getting all the frequencies in sync etc. Can you point me to an example that can do it? I have the RF in place just need the data to go across it.

Cheers,

Craig

Will the PT2272A-M2 Remote Control Decoder(Princeton Tech Corp) work.

PT2272A-M2 Remote Control Decoder(Princeton Tech Corp)-The Electronic Goldmine

Can someone point me to a site that sells the Priceton PT2272-L6-S18 part? I've checked all the sites I know and can't find it.

Datasheet is https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/07/PT2272-2.pdf

Or if anyone knows of a 8 or 10 bit data encoder/decoder option I would be very interested!

Thanks,

Craig

Will the PT2272A-M2 Remote Control Decoder(Princeton Tech Corp) work

No not really. I need to be able to seen a couple of bytes of data across. I was going to send 6 bits and then another 6 bits. I think 2 bits at a time will be a bit of a nightmare.

I am going to have a go at writing my own...fingers crossed.

Is this easy to do? That's what I was attempting to do initially for encoding and decoding and it seemed that it was going to be a bit of a nightmare getting all the frequencies in sync etc. Can you point me to an example that can do it? I have the RF in place just need the data to go across it.

Check my PIC tutorials, which provide all you need.

Hi Nigel,

I'm converting the ASM code in to mikroBasic code and have stumbled across a timing question.

I am looking at the mtx_bitdel routine, in tut12_5Ta.asm, that you modified and I am figuring out the timing of this. I am a bit confused as to the exact figure here. You indicated that you need a 105:mu:Sec delay, however my calculations are different than what is coded.

Here are my calculations:
20Mhz clock means 0.2:mu:Sec per instruction (1/20 * 4)
Checking the Datasheet I see that the all the instructions in the mtx_bitdel routine takes 1 clock cycle except the return and goto statements which take 2.

Therefore the loop around the 68 takes 68 * 3 = 204 clock cycles.
The outer loop around the 3 takes 3 * 3 = 9 clock cycles.
So there looping takes 9 * 204 = 1,836 clock cyles.
Add on to this the intial statements of 4 and the return statement of 2 gives a grand total of 1,842 clock cyles to perform the mtx_bitdel routine.

So the time to do this routine is 1,842 * 0.2 = 368.4:mu:Sec, not the 105:mu:Sec indicated in the comments.

Are my calculations correct? Its just I need to rejig them for my 8Mhz clock and was wondering if I had things right.

Thanks,

Craig

Last edited:
Problem with BASIC or any compiler is it's very difficult to generate tight timing code.
The good news is that IR is pretty slow (the IR detector will remove the 38kHz carrier).

Like Bill says, it's difficult to transfer assembler to a HLL, particularly if accurate timing is involved.

Can't you call assembler routines from wwithin your BASIC code?.

The receive side is likely to far more difficult to convert than the transmit side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back