Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vintage apollo mission control type buttons and keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike6502

Hello Everyone !
Good day, this is my first post here.
I wonder if anyone could suggest me a way to get hold of this type of translucent, lit vintage style buttons and keys for a weekend project?
Even better if I could label them myself .
Thank you in advance
1407316212421_Image_galleryImage_PIC_FROM_MERCURY_PRESS_PI.JPG

M6502

They look like Honeywell illuminated push button switches. **broken link removed**
Les.

That looks like indicators only. You could try making it. Laser Printing on translucent polyester paper and maybe a balsa wood frame and a hand built PCB on the bottom would work, You could use RGB lighting and change the colors of the indicator.

Another alternative is to find some white plastic and print on clear laminating film with another layer of clear.

At work, I made a lot of panels with IDEC switches, but they are like $20.00 USD each and would not look like that. They https://www.idec.com/language/english/catalog/Switches/A6Series.pdf are not cheap. Labels were made using transparency film, under the cap.

I know the laser printing on clear adhesive laminate works. For a panel I used black on white laser laminate and then put on clear. The difficulty is opening up the flat paper path on your laser printer which you might not even know you have.

For an HP2015P, you use manual feed and open the back. The side you print on gets confused in this set-up.

Also you can buy laser printer decal paper, print then cut out the squares with the writing on, then soak in water and peel off. I use it alot, or I use the water based varnish prison method :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back