Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Primary to secondary coupling in Current sense transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi,
Doing Current sense transformer for 1000W Boost PFC with UCC28070A.
E20/10/6 core
Primary = one turn of TEX-ELZ 7/0.3mm
Secondary = 50 turns of 0.2mm TEX-E

Is the primary to secondary coupling good enough in the attached? (seen from four angles)

Attachments

• cst1.jpg
    cst1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 192
  • cst2.jpg
    cst2.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 187
  • cst3.jpg
    cst3.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 190
  • cst4.jpg
    cst4.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 197
I cannot see what insulation is on the 1T. I might use Tripple insulated wire. Will that winding move if force is applied? The isolation should be as good as any Primary to Secondary windings.

Thanks, yes it could move, though this is prototype only, just to demo 180V at 2kW and nothing else. The use is as on pg 1 of the UCC28070A datasheet.
UCC28070A

I tried to do another CST with ECW, but its horrendous to solder to the pads on the PCB....The TEX-ELZ TIW is solderable and was far easier to terminate.

As you know, TEX-E and TEX-ELZ are triple insulated wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back