Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Presetable rep counter with bell at 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrowe

I am trying to add a rep counter using 3 7 segment displays to my home gym. I want to be able to preset the number of reps and have it count down with a bell/buzzer at the end. I am putting detect switches on my equipment to detect the rep. All of the circuits I can find with presets count down seconds not button pushes. Does anyone have a circuit to do that?

Last edited:
What kind of switch?
Two connections (normally open or normally closed) or Three (normally open/normally closed/common)?

Regular N/O push button or magnetic switches.

Ok, that requires a robust debounce circuit to eliminate multiple down counts.

Your counter circuit probably uses a 555 as a clock source. You can substitute this circuit for whatever your counter uses as a clock. I simulated extra pulses which may or may not come from your switch to make sure that this circuit eliminates the multiple edges...

Attachments

• Debounce.jpg
    Debounce.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 318
  • DebouncePlot.jpg
    DebouncePlot.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 153
Countdown circuit

None of the circuits I have found were able to be modified by my limited knowledge. I know about enough to get myself shocked when I touch the wrong pin.

I have a 555 on shot timer circuit that I am using to fire the counter. It's the counter circuit itself that I need.

I'm confused. Do you have a presettable counter circuit which counts down by seconds? If so, disconnect the clock source (1Hz pulse) and replace it with the "Count" pulse in the circuit I posted above.

Also, why build the counter when you can buy one?

Last edited:
Rep counter

No I don't have one, I found a couple that wasn't very good and I couldn't figure out how to modify them so I moved on. I have typed so many things in to google I can't remember where I found them at. That's why I am posting here, it looked like one of the best forums during my search for the needle in the haystack.

What I need is a rep counter I can preset a number(3 digit) in, have it count down and trigger a relay at 0. I have a 555 one shot timer that I am hooking up to limit switches for the trigger but all of the counting circuits I can find (that I can understand)only go up with no preset and relay. I was hoping that someone had done something similar and could hook me up with a schematic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back