Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pp3 battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Buckler

I have just joined and need some help in trying to use the site.
I do not know what "thread and post" means.
Also how can I enter a question such as the one I need at the monent.
I need to charge and keep charged a pp3 battery from source provided in a vehicle, which is 12 volts , but with the engine running rises to 13.8 or thereabouts.
It is to power a low power transmitter I have built which uses about 40 millamps.
Please advise me how to use the site and therefore find someone to answer my question

Kind regards

Vic. Buckler

What is the chemistry of the battery? An ordinary alkaline battery is not rechargeable.
An old Ni-Cad or new Ni-MH battery is either 7.2V or 8.4V and is charged at about 15mA for 14 hours. The battery might fail if it is constantly over-charged.

I have just joined and need some help in trying to use the site.
I do not know what "thread and post" means.
Also how can I enter a question such as the one I need at the monent.

You just started a THREAD titled "PP3 Battery Charger".

Your first POST started with the words "I have just joined and need some help... "
Audioguru made the second POST within the tread, and I am making the third POST within the thread. (Assuming that no one else poseted while I was typing!).

JimB

Last edited:
Now Victor doesn't know how to post what type of battery he is trying to blow up.

Hi Vic,

Do not get discouraged.. At the beginning, no one knows what and who to ask, and where.. Now, that you have joined - let the people know your experience with the particular problem at hand in as much detail as possible..

To charge a battery from the car, you will need some kind of a device that will take control over the supply voltage/current delivered to your device’s battery. It is called a power supply regulator. It will keep its output at the level your battery will accept without the damage, and independent of the changes of voltage of the battery/alternator of your car.

Please let us know what is the power consumption of the device when it is in the ON state and in the STANDBY state.. and.. if you want to just charge the battery.. or, charge and operate the device at the same time..

Let us know what is the capacity of your battery as far as the voltage is concerned, and the current that is being drawn from it when your device is operating.. And let us know of everything I may have not mentioned - but you know it from experience that brought you here..

We need to have bit more information from you before we can figure out what the next right step should be..

Regards,
xanadunow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back