Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PowerPoint 2010 Crashes with KERNELBASE.dll Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTate086

PowerPoint 2010 crashes consistently within a few seconds of being launched with no presentation open other than default template. Running Windows 7 64-bit. Repaired install - no go, clean uninstall/re-install - no go. The only references I've been able to find on this have to do with running on a Mac, but this is a Dell desktop computer. Any help would be appreciated.

So this crash does appear even when the computer is set to factory default? What is the full text of the error message? Do you mean BSOD?
How old is your computer - may warranty still be valid?

Did this Powerpoint version come pre-installed, or have you added it to the PC?

The problem is caused by bluetoothaddin. This problem is there pretty much in all office 2010 components. Here is how to disable it.

1. Open the Office 2010 application you have problem with. [It could be Powerpoint, Visio, etc.]
2. Click on File and then on options
3. Click on addins on left navigation panel
4. In bottom most listbox (after Manage: ) make sure that COM Add-ins is showing or is selected.
5. Click on GO button right to the COM Add-ins
6. Uncheck Send to Bluetooth
7. click OK

I solved my problem using above procedure.

If you are still experiencing the issue after applying this fix you can try Recovery Toolbox for PowerPoint https://powerpoint.recoverytoolbox.com/

How is he gonna open the app and do that when the app crashes almost immediately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back