Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power surge vizio tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Klepac

Don't know much when it comes to circuit boards but a few days ago I uneed plugged my TV on accident while moving a shelve around. When it unplugged I smelled electrical vapors and the TV wouldn't turn back on. I could only assume that do to the house being so old it was an electrical surge. So I took apart the TV an tried to see what was the issue, being that I am an electrican. After researching the TV I wanted to know if I can only replace the power circuit board since it has the dioids an fuse on that board or does it also affect the display board and will have to replace both boards

Intermittent power can cause the thermal soft start to fail which causes stress on the PSU.

Check for slight bulge on cap lids

replace power board first, cause its more likely to be bad.

main board, less likely.
display less less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back