Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

uaefame

Dear All,

I have a robot which consume 43.56W. I am looking for a power supply for it (battery).

Any recommend battery.

Actually every motor need 2.42W but I am using 18 motor therefore total power is 43.56W. Any recommended battery and battery connection.

Best regards,
HISMI

Dear All,

I have a robot which consume 43.56W. I am looking for a power supply for it (battery).

Any recommend battery.

Actually every motor need 2.42W but I am using 18 motor therefore total power is 43.56W. Any recommended battery and battery connection.

Best regards,
HISMI

hi Hesham,
We need to know the voltage of this 44Watt psu.??:)

2A on 24V .. you can get that from lead-acid batteries... I assume you will not run all motors all the time, but note that lead-acid ones are heavy. You can find li-io battery pack (26V) that can output 1.8A-2A but that is going to be rather expensive.

If you go for lower voltage you need more current for the same wattage and that's much more problematic / expensive.

The cheapest way -> 2x car battery, but that is *heavy*
SLA is lighter but with less "punch"
LiIo is the best choice but expeeeeeeensive

Note that rating for lead acid changes for different discharge currents, so 10Ah battery will work ~20 hours at 0.5A, 8h at 1A, ~3H at 2A and less then 20min at 10A

It's a very confusing post, but he has been asking about servos for weeks now - so presumably it's power for 18 servos he needs, and not 18 motors.

In which case it's 4.8V or so he wants.

With all that weight on the robot, it may be good just as a doorstop!
An easy solution would be a stand-alone battery pack separate from the robot, much like portable test equipment ( meter, scope, recorder, etc.).

What are all those motors doing?

Are all moving this thing along?

It's better to use a smaller number of larger motors as small motors are less efficient.

Interesting replies, Ya I am building a hexpod robot to finish a maze. I will post my robot soon It's not that nice looking as bill showed. For the voltage it requires 6V. and Ya It is a servo motor.

Yes Hero999, I need all of them to be working in the same time to maintain certain position.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back