Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

william58

hi all can someone help i just turned my tv on standby light came on then it started to flash blue&red tv wont turn on could this be a pwer board
thanks

Could be anything, and you don't even mention the make and model of the TV, or even the country it's in.

If the flashes are a certain number, or in a certain sequence, it 'could' be an error code.

I have found this link to a schematic of version 2 of the power supply. I think the pinout of the output connectors will be the same in all versions. I suggest checking the output voltage of all the outputs. I would guess that one output is present when in standby mode and that there is a control signal from the rest of the TV that controls the main part of the power supply. You could also check that this control signal is stable.

Les.

By FAR, FAR, FAR the most common Vestel problem is S/C rectifiers in the secondary of the PSU - due to their design error.

They placed rectifiers in parallel without current sharing resistors, so they WILL (and do) go S/C.

Just look for any 3A rectifiers that are obviously in parallel (and some that might not be so obvious), just stick your meter on diode test and run it along the rectifiers. You'll most likely find a number of them (2 or 3) that read S/C - only one will be S/C - but change all 2 or 3, with rectifiers out of the same packet (buy a pack from RS Components). As they are in the same bag, they are likely to be the same batch and fairly well matched. Or change them and add current sharing resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back