Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power harvesting - electromagnetic induction test rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like to know how fast the magnet is pushed/pulled in and out of the coils.... Using a hall effect sensor

You could get that data from observing the voltage produced by the detector coil, using a scopes X timebase.

You could get that data from observing the voltage produced by the detector coil, using a scopes X timebase.
i would precisely need to know the magnets motion as thats what the project is about...... im emulating the magnet to be a human limb..... and the limbs motion if a magnet was attached to it ... generates how much power.......

i would precisely need to know the magnets motion as thats what the project is about...... im emulating the magnet to be a human limb..... and the limbs motion if a magnet was attached to it ... generates how much power.......

If it was just a lab test rig, I would use a scope in the way I suggested, you could easily work out the motion of the magnet, the average/peak power and points of maximum energy generation from the scopes waveform.
You could make drive and frequency adjustments in real time while you observe the waveform.

If it was just a lab test rig, I would use a scope in the way I suggested, you could easily work out the motion of the magnet, the average/peak power and points of maximum energy generation from the scopes waveform.
You could make drive and frequency adjustments in real time while you observe the waveform.
it really helped me a lot thank you .....

it really helped me a lot thank you .....

hi,
When you do the lab tests, use a load resistor across the generator coil, without a load the waveforms will be misleading.
The load resistor should be close in value to the actual load in the final design.

hi,
When you do the lab tests, use a load resistor across the generator coil, without a load the waveforms will be misleading.
The load resistor should be close in value to the actual load in the final design.

hi
i have a cylindrical magnet with B= 4600 guass on each face. and a coil 20 mm in length.
if the magnet is moving at a frequency of 21 hz for every 140ms ,can i use the formula for dynamically induced emf e=Blv to calculate the voltage induced?

hi,

can i use a 1:10 transformer to magnify an ac voltage of 2.5 volts to get 4 volts or more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back