Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power factor correction + THD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubeek

Most Helpful Member
I am designing a system for railway that consumes roughly 1kW from public mains power, and I am having trouble fining the relevant standards that it should fulfill. The main market will be Europe, but in the future it might go as well to the USA, asia or elsewhere.

So far I found that according to IEC 61000-2-3:2014 the device either should comply with generic conditions from clause 6.2.1 (or if it does not meet this then user should ask the supply utility for permission to connect it, but that is not desirable)
What I cannot find, is any mention of the limits for power factor. Is there some other standard that I am missing?

Also, does anyone know how is the situation in the USA and elsewhere in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back