Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Power device from USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim_l_012

Hi All,

I have decided that my next project will be to find a new way of supplying power to my networking switch.

According to the output specs on the AC power adaptor, it outputs:
7.5V === 1A 7.5VA

Input will be from a USB socket on a computer, which from memory, is 5V and 500mA. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...)

So I need to go from:
5V to 7.5V
500mA to 1000mA (1A)

How would I build a converter for this, and what components would I need. If a small diagram and explanation could also be provided, it would help me as I am only a 'newbie' with electronics.

Thanks in advance, :)

You can't suck more current from USB then 500mA (5V)
When You apply a step-up converter, it can't enhance the USB original power capability. For 7.5V 1A need 5V with 1.6A.

oh well it was good while it lasted...

my next mod isn't 100% related to electronics, but...

I need help with the wiring config of a standard phone line (Australia)
I want to hook a PC headset up to a phone line, so I don't have to hold the massive headset :p

If anyone has any ideas/queries, please reply and will go into more detail.

Thanks in advance, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back