Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Potentiometers in a gamepad circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

benplow

Is there any possible way to replace the buttons for potentiometers in a usb game pad or can only the analog joysticks be replaced?

I would like to make a midi controller out of my old game pads. I can already use the gamepads with my music software.

But I was no sure if the digital buttons could have pots soldered onto them.

You can't even do it if you change the software, the USB slave controller on the device would have to be modified, or the MIDI controller on the host device. You can buy cheap PS2 style PC USB controllers now, virtually no reason to try to modify an existing controller, just get one of those and re-package it.

Check out thrift stores, or bargain bins at electronic stores. PS2 style USB controllers are pretty cheap. Carefully gut one and you can fit it into a custom case and make any style joystick you want, of you have the mechanical aptitude to form the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back