Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

potentiometer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

woogoo

Hi,
I try to do some modification to a PC wheel to use it on a XBOX.I did the steering part and the steering work, but i cant figure how to wire the pedal corectly. I need to get a range of 1.8k to 7.50 k from a 50k pot at the pedal. both pot the brake and the throttle are in parallel, that give a range from 9k to 25k (I cant reach the lower value the pedal rest at 9k).

The original Pot on the triggers was 10k each and connected in parallel, and all 3 pin of the pot was connected one is the ground,the middle the output that go in USB IC and the last one (the 5 v I think) go to the usb IC too. The value of the trigger was at ground and ouput : (open 7.5k , pressed:1.8k) and the output and the other (5v i think):(open 1.9k , pressed:7.4k). i already try to wire the steering like a variable resistor by wiring only the ground and the output and its turn only 1 side, and with all 3 wire its fine.

Its possible to get a range around 1.8 and 7.50k? from a 50k
If yes can someone make me a circuit with the value of the resistance and all the wiring .

Thanks
forgive my english

This is near.

Attachments

• rcom.gif
    rcom.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 761
The two 50k POT are in parallel, my reading on the multimeter on the ground and the output give me :eek:pen 24k and fully pressed 9k (I cant rotate the pot to ajust) .
I try the circuit by ajusting the 8.2k resistor value to 10k .
to give 7k when pedal are OPEN
but when i Press that give me 4.20k.

I try with a lower resistance value 5.6k just for test and the range of the pot was open 4.5k and pressed 3.30k .

Dont forget the two 50k are in parallel
How reach the 1.8k pressed and keep around 5k open ?
on both side ground and output and 5v and output (because the original trigger pot got all 3 pin connected).

The two 50k POT are in parallel, my reading on the multimeter on the ground and the output give me :eek:pen 24k and fully pressed 9k (I cant rotate the pot to ajust) .
I try the circuit by ajusting the 8.2k resistor value to 10k .
to give 7k when pedal are OPEN
but when i Press that give me 4.20k.

I try with a lower resistance value 5.6k just for test and the range of the pot was open 4.5k and pressed 3.30k .

Dont forget the two 50k are in parallel
How reach the 1.8k pressed and keep around 5k open ?
on both side ground and output and 5v and output (because the original trigger pot got all 3 pin connected).

r gaming steering wheels really based on potentiometers? I thought they were based on some other principle than that of variable resistance...

Its Simple i want to know if its possible to connect two pot 50k for they work like two 10k, cause on controller the two 10k pot for triggers are 10k in parallel .

woogoo,

as long as the minimum value of your two paralleled pots is 9k, it can't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back