Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Potential Hurricane Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the tornadoes knocked out my power for 4 days, I started with a generator running 10 hours/day. However, that was pretty much wasting precious fuel, so I decided what I absolutely needed. The food in the freezer was going to cost more to save than it was worth, so I let it go. I used a battery, some 12V lighting, an invertor ( to run a radio and coffee maker ) and cooked on a camp stove. I made a big fire in the backyard each night from wood I collected from the nearby forrest. After setting some priorities, I was able to provide for all my needs and only use a couple gallons of gas (total) for recharging the battery each morning. No internet! I spent the time catching up on my reading and just making further preparations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back