Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pot on "-" terminal of OPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi All,

I ran across an op amp which I cannot figure out how it works. More precisely I do not know how the attached potentiometer effects the OPA. I was able to do some simple calculations to get the DC gain and verified it in LTspice. Though, this doesn't help me in understanding what the pot does or how it is commonly used like this with an OPA.

Does anyone know or can explain what's going on?

Attachments

• untitled32.JPG
    untitled32.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 132
Looks like it sets the input offset voltage (between V+ and V-), though I'm not sure why you'd want to do that: generally that's done by a fixed voltage divider. Perhaps it's a precision multi-turn pot to precisely set the balance point.

It's to adjust the output DC offset to exactly 0V or whatever DC level you may want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back