Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Post reply" button bug!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjenkinsgb

Most Helpful Member
Hi,
I've noticed a few times recently that after posting a message and clicking "Post reply" button, nothing happens.
It has just occurred again and I studied the effect.

After adding a photo to a message, the button changes so the centre area with the text and graphic no longer responds to a mouse click.

Having experimented a bit, it seems to happen when there is an image attachment shown below the message box. Deleting the image or attachment puts it back to normal.

The mouse pointer also visibly changes over that area of the button:

Normal pointer, working click:

IMG_7753.jpg

After adding an image or attachment:

IMG_7754.jpg

The mouse pointer is still the hand above or below that centre graphic, but a good area of the button is simply unresponsive.

IMG_7755.jpg
IMG_7756.jpg

Interestingly, the bug does not appear in this section, that has the additional buttons - but does in the normal forum post form with the single button?

Hi, @rjenkinsgb I am unable to reproduce the problem. Could you provide how you reproduce it step by step or make a video of those steps? Thank you!

OK, a quick video.
I'm using the latest version of Chrome, by the way.

I can't attach it, so I've dropped it in my youtube channel as an unlisted one. Link:

Any existing thread, when adding a reply - even this one.
(As long as you add a photo or attachment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back