Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possible New Electronic Content thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheres waldo test for you.
How many welders and plasma cutters can you find in those two pictures? :confused:

That air compressor is a 15 hp industrial. Its sitting on a 120 gallon tank and has another 80 gallon on the other side of the wall beside it too.

I developed a phase converter box that lets me run it on a 240v 60 amp single phase circuit. It can start at -15F.

Anyone want me to do a thread on high power direct run phase converters? That is, you can run a regular three phase motor on single phase at its full rated running hp with full starting torque. :)
No rewinding or motor mods required! :)
Plus it can be built with old parts and no electronics. all passive components!

If you dont belive me I will bet you everything you see in the pictures that I can do it! :eek:

But you had better have something I would want in return for the counter offer! :)
Like if I win the bet you have to clean and finish the interior of my shop! :p

Last edited:
Any one want me to do a thread on high power direct run phase converters? That is, you can run a regular three phase motor on single phase at its full rated running hp with full starting torque. :)
No rewinding or motor mods required! :)

I'd be interested in that. I buildt the typical idiler motor style 3 phase converter a while ago. I got the control box all put together, but still have to get some caps and test it. One of my many unfinished projects.

Like if I win the bet you have to clean and finish the interior of my shop!
Heck, i'll volunteer to come help clean it just to get to see all the cool junk up close:D

Same problem here too! :D

:D I clean when I am stressed out. I also take medication for stress. When I start cleaning I know its time to get back on the meds. My place is messy but that just tells me the meds really do work! :D

What the heck are those purple tubes ?

If that's an old Iron Steering Wheel it would make a great Degaussing Coil.:p

kv

Sure I can do up one. I am going on a work trip today so I wont be back until monday or later.
See you guys then!

tcmtech, it looks like your place was ransacked. How on earth can you get any work done in that mess?

That is an old farmall steering wheel for my international A that I am rebuilding.

The tubes are my modified tesla coils for doing wireless power transfer experiments. And yes it does really work! :)

Tesla was not blowing smoke on that one!
I have been able to transmit and recieve about 40 watts at 15 feet or so. The receiver coil uses a second drop down ( not pictured) coil that allows it to produce a lower frequency and lower voltage with much higher current. That can then be rectified using regular high speed swithing diodes and then filtered to give smooth 12 volt DC at around 3 amps. Shunt regulation is still needed though. :)

And the transmitter coil power source does actualy show a loading effect as the reciever is drawn on. (watt meter confirmed too) :confused:

Its not inductive coupling. With the right size and shape antenie the reciever will still pick up the power at a 90 degree angle to the transmitter.

And no I cant explain it either. I am just as bewildered as you! :D

its my muse! When its clean and organized it drives me nuts! But yea it did get pretty bad this winter. I do need to do some reorganizing soon.

My dad was a clean freak when I grew up. This is payback! Keeps him out of my shop!

That is an old farmall steering wheel for my international A that I am rebuilding.

The tubes are my modified tesla coils for doing wireless power transfer experiments. And yes it does really work! :)

Tesla was not blowing smoke on that one!
I have been able to transmit and recieve about 40 watts at 15 feet or so. The receiver coil uses a second drop down ( not pictured) coil that allows it to produce a lower frequency and lower voltage with much higher current. That can then be rectified using regular high speed swithing diodes and then filtered to give smooth 12 volt DC at around 3 amps. Shunt regulation is still needed though. :)

And the transmitter coil power source does actualy show a loading effect as the reciever is drawn on. (watt meter confirmed too) :confused:

Its not inductive coupling. With the right size and shape antenie the reciever will still pick up the power at a 90 degree angle to the transmitter.

And no I cant explain it either. I am just as bewildered as you! :D

The time tediousness of winding them would drive most people crazy. But, I do understand you wanting people out of your shop.

I got the same problem I'm running some experiments of my own and I have some old circuit boards out of some tv's the flybacks running 24/7 and I haven't burnt them up yet there not connected to a CRT or Yoke.

Ha,ha,ha. I just wish some joker walks into my trap.:p

It's definitely going to hurt. Then I'm stuffing them in the freezer.:D

eeew:eek:

Sorry, No just an experiment but, In all seriousness, I wouldn't want someone to get an accidental charge.:eek:

kv:D:D:D

Last edited:
Looks like a game show timer, or something of the like.

dcp01336-jpg.27434

This particular picture reveals at least a half-dozen fire hazards, most notably a fuel can near a welder! I've alerted the fire marshall for your safety.... well, actually the safety of your neighbors.

Where's the link to the full size? I don't get anything but a thumbnail.

@SPDCHK

What the heck is that thing on top? With all the seven segment displays?

It came out of a "Games machine" I don't know which one because it was already halfway stripped by the time I got the electronics. Someone else had already scored all the expensive transformers and heavy duty electrical stuff

Pinball machine!

Where's the link to the full size? I don't get anything but a thumbnail.
Just click back on the OP's post. The pics were huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back