Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Possible Job Opportunity for me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

Hello ETOians,
It's been some time i posting here. I am too much passionate about Hardware Design, but sadly, i haven't got any opportunities in it. Though i can say that R&D is where i belong, i haven't got a single interview call for the same. The good news is, that i got a call from a small company based in my city for Analog Circuit Design. I'm not sure how much it is near to Hardware designing, but i have taken this up quite serious and am getting ready to attend the interview.

Thankfully, it is not Physical Designing under VLSI, which i don't like. What are your comments on this? Should i continue trying for the suitable opportunity or be satisfied with what i get? How much related to each other? As one comes under VLSI, the other under Embedded.

What are you doing right now? To my way of thinking any job is better than no job. That said about 30 years ago I took a job just in passing, I figured I would work that job for a few months and move on to something I liked maybe better and was more to my taste. About 4 years ago I retired from that job after 30 years. Go figure. I came to really love the work and actually, for the most part enjoyed going to work. I also had the opportunity to work with some great people over all those years.

You need to do what works for you and that is important. Since I really don't know you or your personality I can't say where you may or may not be happy but I can say that being happy with your work makes for a much happier career.

Ron

About 4 years ago I retired from that job after 30 years.
You need to do what works for you and that is important. Since I really don't know you or your personality I can't say where you may or may not be happy but I can say that being happy with your work makes for a much happier career.
Ron
I agree, I worked at a few places, both UK and Canada, If a position started feeling like work, I was fortunate to be able to move on, and face new challenges, I often say, I didn't work a day in my life, I was very fortunate in that respect.
Max.

You don't have to wait until you get a formal design job in order to design. You can start now with small projects of your own.

In the late 1970's a young man from England with no formal electronics education showed up on the doorstep of a small Silicon Valley company that made broadcast television cameras. He carried with him a color encoder circuit that he had designed and built himself. Eventually he became the manager of engineering, later to become VP or engineering and his career continued from there. He was one of the best bosses I have had.

In my years in Silicon Valley I have known several people who did not wait for a job offer before starting their careers.

If you want to work in R&D your can start doing your own research and design/development now. Attend professional and academic meetings and conferences in the fields in which you are interested. That way you can begin to establish yourself in your field and will get some needed experience.

I was working for a Online Store (which i don't intend to reveal now), and have now quit that job to pursue my interests. Thanks for all the inputs. BTW, i attended the interview, it was a house converted into a company. Had some 5-10 kids designing something on computers.

Coming to the point that i should start now with small projects. But, my point is how will it feed my stomach. Doing independent research, attending conferences does require some money. And, moreover, i need to earn my bucks by doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back