Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Portable telephone repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjames

I'm trying to troubleshoot an odd problem with a VTECH 9106 portable phone. After the blackout we had back in august my portable phone just suddenly quit working. with a charged battery i get power at the test points on the PCB it won't turn on. anyone have any ideas of where to start?

Cordless Phone Repair

Cordless phones fall into the same category as VCRs, DVD players, CD players, small TVs, etc., in that they were made to replace, not repair. Short of replacing the battery, which is not likely the culprit, you can't do much with them. I have yet to find any kind of source for schematics, whether the phone is Cobra, BellSouth, AT&T or whatever. If the phone is older (I'm not familiar with your model), look at this as an opportunity to upgrade. However, if I were you, I'd stick with a 900MHz digital spread spectrum phone and stay away from the 2.4GHz models. My experience is that the 2.4GHz phones have lousy range -- 100 ft. vs my being able to use my 900MHz phone anywhere on our 10 acres.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back