Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

portable radio circuit problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuenkit

Hi,

I am looking for the circuit for superheterodyne fm radio, which can be powered by 1.2V AA rechargeable battery.

most of the circuit i found are 1.5V or 3V. I wonder, could I use a dc-dc voltage converter for it?

Thank you.

I don't know any IC that works down to 1.2 volts, but try this circuit. It is called a blocking oscillator and is configured as a voltage boost. I don't know what the output voltage would be, you will have to experiment with values for R and C. If it doesn't work at first, try changing the connection to either the pri or sec.

Attachments

• boost_ckt.jpg
    boost_ckt.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 384
Texas Instruments' TPS61010 boost converter IC works down to 0.8V, has 100mA or more output current (for a small power amp), is very efficient and has a regulated output voltage. Digikey has stock for $2.48US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back