Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Portable MP3 player schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric Rain

I'm sure you saw my my thread about portable CD player schematics. Well, I was thinking, and I now know why they aren't that easy to find. They're too mechanical. I hate mechanics. So I was thinking maybe it would be easier and smaller (which in this world seems to be very important to people) to build a portable MP3 player instead. Again, I need to sell something containing this. And I can't be paying people for their design. Also, just like before, very simple, and quality doesn't mean much. The number of files it can hold must be high, but the size of the files will be very small. Thank you.

Rain

hmm, i know this probably wont help you, but if someone had a schematic that utulized a USB drive would that do, id be interested in one myself.

Electric Rain said:
I'm sure you saw my my thread about portable CD player schematics. Well, I was thinking, and I now know why they aren't that easy to find. They're too mechanical. I hate mechanics. So I was thinking maybe it would be easier and smaller (which in this world seems to be very important to people) to build a portable MP3 player instead. Again, I need to sell something containing this. And I can't be paying people for their design. Also, just like before, very simple, and quality doesn't mean much. The number of files it can hold must be high, but the size of the files will be very small. Thank you.

Again, if you search on the web there are lots of projects for MP3 players, generally they utilise specific MP3 player chips, controlled by a PIC (or similar). Usually they are based closely on the chip manufacturers datasheet, so copyright on that isn't a problem - but you would probably need to come to an arrangement over the controlling software, or write your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back