Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Portable Gamecube

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodNess

:mrgreen:i want to build a portable gamecube need help & advice.[/img]

the gamecube it self is a bit big to be portable.an you need some big baterys and an big LCD screen

but its posible.Heres waht you have to do:
-make it work on 12V or what ever batery you have (making your own PSU for it)
-Buy an LCD screen (expensive)
-make it work on the Video signal form the game cube
-you will proboly have to regulate the voltage for the screen

dose the game cube have an wallwart PSU or dose he mains cable run durectly in to it?

dont play it when driving :D
it will soon be proved by the government that it is bad for your health :lol:

what king of an PSU dose it have and what woltage.

if its a wallwart (the box thing that you plug in the wall) then we simply get an plug that fits the power conector and make an regulator to regulate the voltage to that of the wallwart (if its higher than 12V we need to step up the voltage wich complicates things a bit more)

or dose the mains cable run directly into it?In this case you need to take the game cube a part and find out the voltage the intarnal PSU is providing,throw it out and make our own PSU that gives the same voltage and runs on 12V insed of mains voltage

next you need to find an LCD display that has an video demodulator in it so you can plug it on the game cube

and thats it

OK. I will say this right now. By portable, he means handheld. There are only 2 people who have proof of making a GCp. LCDs are not expensive, because for a portable project you use no greater than 5", which can be ripped from a PS1 screen or HipGear LCD pad. For batteries, you find a good rechargeable from something like a camcorder. You guys know electronics, but you don't know a thing about portablizing systems. **broken link removed**.

Oh, and BloodNess, no offence, but there is no way that you will make this thing.

by portable like an gameboy no way your can do that!

unles you get an gamecube emulator for your mobile phone an that dosent exsist (i have an gameboy color emulator on my phone but i have to get an MCC memory card becose 5 MB is enugh for only 2 good games )

The only way to have it "portalbe" is having it in a backpack

as for having it in a car its realy prosible

First of all, thanks for replying. second Someone Electro can go to hell :evil: cause i'll do whatever i can to build that GCp or handheld like nos_slived said . I know that it'll be hard but i trust you guys mostly nos_slived to help me even if it's REALLY HARD. U know gamelver he built a GCp he said that its hard :? :oops: :twisted: NOT IMPOSSIBLE :twisted: . if u can contact him so he can help me, i would really appreciate it. SO THATS JUST IT BUT PLEASE KEEP REPLYING.BloodNess :mrgreen:

Oh, hey nos_slived, I didn't know you were a part of these forums as well. :lol: As you can see from my post count, I've been here longer than I have at benheck.com. 8)

Electric Rain said:
Oh, hey nos_slived, I didn't know you were a part of these forums as well. :lol: As you can see from my post count, I've been here longer than I have at benheck.com. 8)

Cool. I know that oldfella is also a member of benheck now.

nos_slived said:
Electric Rain said:

Cool. I know that oldfella is also a member of benheck now.

Oh, good. He should be able to get ALL of his questions answered there. :D

Working on the gamecube. you guys think i could use an atari lynx for screen. or a different one.? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back