Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Portable cd player sound outputs to one side need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serge 125

Hi all I have a portable cd player that only plays on the right side on the headphones and I noticed that when the volume is at it's lowest I can hear
in both ears bt the moment the the vol is increased it all goes to the right side and I can hear a wee bit of sound from the left side if I don't have the
right side earphone on my ear. So what could be the problem here?? I have cleaned the contacts on the vol pot and still same thing. The model of
this cd player is; DDM461M the company well it's a big "D" and that's it, you can look at the pics you may know what company it is and is there a shematics
that I can get for this? Thanks for any info on what I can do next.

Attachments

• IMG_1495.JPG
    IMG_1495.JPG
    533.4 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1496.JPG
    IMG_1496.JPG
    745.9 KB · Views: 203
Have you tried another set of headphones (that's by FAR the most common cause).

Otherwiset, the headphone socket itself would be the next most common - either a dry joint on it, or the socket faulty.

Apart from those two, there's nothing else that's a commonly occurring fault.

Have you tried another set of headphones (that's by FAR the most common cause).

Yep did that first thing.

[/QUOTE], the headphone socket itself would be the next most common - either a dry joint on it, or the socket faulty.

Apart from those two, there's nothing else that's a commonly occurring fault.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe a bad cap? There are some SM and normal caps around the vol control and the socket. I will resolder the socket and check around for any
bad soldering.

THANKS!!

It is entirely possible that the volume pot has an open along the resistive path in its LS section, wherein the circuit completes when the pot is at or near its lowest volume position, but as soon as the control is moved away from that position, continuity is lost between the wiper and the resistive element. This can be checked by tracking the resistance at the control as the pot is exercised. Depending upon the design of the pot, it MAY be possible to open it up and physically examine its working parts and maybe even correct any open found.

-ChrisP

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back