Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pool chlorinator

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mikesmixes

Does anyone know the basics behind a pool electronic chlorinator?
I want to design one/ build one for a project.
let me know.

basically you run a low voltage current through the water which causes the salt in the water to split up into chlorine and sodium molecules. The sodium collects on the electrodes and the chlorine floats away into the water system killing germs.

I dont know what voltage or current is required but it is pretty simple in terms of concept.

edit: yes, this means your pool will taste like the ocean (salty :x )

i once realy salted some water and put two nails in in conected to a big mains transformer.The transformer heted up after a wile(wich means its puting out some big curent) and the cables runing to the nails got warm

and the water surface got black in a cuple of minutes.

If you dont know salt wather is a very good conductor

you may seen some experements that you run an small lamp off on 4.5V batery that has an glass full of salt wather whith the wires in it in serial whith the lamp and the batery

so i gues 1A shod be enuf(if it runs non stop)

sorry, i didnt explain myself. I understand how it work and what is does, just not sure on the actual electronic side of it? My friend got an existing chlorinator that has 220Vac going straight onto the to elctrode plates. His is giving problems so i might take it apart and check it out. Any ideas on circuitry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back