Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pointless magneto internal schematic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are interested in the Atom modules there is 13 pages on line in US patent Aug 7,1979. no 4,163,437.

Fascinating read! Any idea what the characteristics of the battery in the battery assisted start might be? It could be very useful for a snowthrower.

Hi debe, received the parts, am looking at the last schematic you posted, can you show where the collector base and emitter for these components connect in the circuit, I did a search but could not find a diagram for these two components, thanks.

Here is the circuit & the construction in pictures.
ATOM MOD red circ.jpg
ATOM MOD.1.JPG
ATOM MOD.2.JPG
ATOM MOD.3.JPG
ATOM MOD.4.JPG
ATOM MOD.5.JPG
ATOM MOD.6.JPG
ATOM MOD.7.JPG
ATOM MOD.8.JPG
ATOM MOD.9.JPG
ATOM MOD.10.JPG

Thanks debe, after I posted here, I did more of a search and found what you just posted on another forum you posted on. Also remembered I have some books that are a little dusty that should have internals of the components, so I will be digging these up for reference as well, thanks so much debe, Jeff.

The "xxx datasheets" (.pdf files) have the mecahical drawing and the identification of B, E and C. NPN transistors have the same symbol. The vert line is the base and the arrow pointing out for NPN is the emitter.

A darlington is a two transistor arrangement which can be one physical device. There are still B,C and E terminals.

In one of the datasheets the orientation was in the top right corner.

The "xxx datasheets" (.pdf files) have the mecahical drawing and the identification of B, E and C. NPN transistors have the same symbol. The vert line is the base and the arrow pointing out for NPN is the emitter.

A darlington is a two transistor arrangement which can be one physical device. There are still B,C and E terminals.

In one of the datasheets the orientation was in the top right corner.
Thanks.

Ok guy's, built the circuit, works great. Made a video of it in operation, many thanks to you debe for all the good info and gave credit to you in the show more of the video description.

Last edited:
This is CRO pics of the module on Seagull IGN coils. The positive trace is the Wico coil & the negative trace is the Villiers coil. So the wiring polarity of the module is different for each coil.
ATOM-WIPAC.JPG
ATOM-Villiers.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back