Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

plz....help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_osama

hello everybody
:):):):):)
i hope you will be fine
;););)
plz help me
my problem isn't a difficult one
all what i want to know
what does a water activated alarm circuit do???
and i want to know its applications
thank you for trying to help me
good bye

Hmm... A water activated alarm is a circuit that sounds an alarm if it detects water.
They are used for such things as;
basements flooding,
rain water activating wiper blades on cars,
miserable people crying. . .
(strange question).

A water activated alarm can be any number of things so let's start simple. It's an alarm activated by water. This can be any number of things. For example if I have a tank and when it gets too full I could have an alarm activated by water in the tank sound. I could have an alarm activated by rain. Water activated just tells us that some form of alarm is activated by water. It can be any number of things.

Ron

all what i wanna to know is your answers
thank you very much
but my question now what info. do you need??
Excuse me because I 'm trying to learn circuits and how to design it
then i started by a design which is ready for me to make its circuit
really i feel i'm ignorant and won't do a great achievement in this field
that's all
if you know more info. about it tell me more
thank you for your great effort

Last edited:
I replied to your PM and let's try to keep things in the open forum. In addition to what I sent you can try a simple Google of water level detector. That will bring up dozens of circuits. Then you look at the circuits and try to understand how they work. There are many ways to build water alarms. You build or design a circuit, any circuit, based on what you want it to do. If I want a water activated alarm I need to think about how I want it to work or respond to water. I used a tank as an example. If I have a large tank and it uses a pump to empty it when it reaches a certain level then things are fine. However, what if my pump fails? Then when the water reaches a high level I want an alarm to sound telling people the tank is full and the pump has failed.

I don't know what else to say about it.

Ron

I replied to your PM and let's try to keep things in the open forum. In addition to what I sent you can try a simple Google of water level detector. That will bring up dozens of circuits. Then you look at the circuits and try to understand how they work. There are many ways to build water alarms. You build or design a circuit, any circuit, based on what you want it to do. If I want a water activated alarm I need to think about how I want it to work or respond to water. I used a tank as an example. If I have a large tank and it uses a pump to empty it when it reaches a certain level then things are fine. However, what if my pump fails? Then when the water reaches a high level I want an alarm to sound telling people the tank is full and the pump has failed.

I don't know what else to say about it.

Ron

thank you for your effort

Water alarms could be ultrasonic, magnetic, float and even electronic to name a few. A float won't help a flooded basement, but could help a water storage tank. A huge tank might use ultrasonics (distance measuring). Magnetic might be used when there are a few levels that need to be detected, say 1/2, 3/4 and full. A pump might turn on at 1/2 and turn on when full.

A one of a kind alarm is an aspirin sitting under a microswitch with the aspirin on the floor. When the aspirin disolves, the alarm goes off.

Electronic alarms are used for a variety of applications in the home. Search for "Water Cop". A water heater leak, a washer leak and a common one for people who have HVAC systems in their attic is to detect water in the overflow pan. Water in the overflow pan will result in the AC not working. If the switch failed, one would have water on the bedroom ceiling. Sump pump failure is another application.

I installed a simple wireless alarm which monitors the level in a french drain in the basement. If that sounds I have to use a wet vac to remove the water before it gets in the basement. I also placed an alarm on a window sill that has a towel on it. If water gets in the window well, the alarm sounds and I have to turn on a bildge pump in the well. The events occurred 2x in one year within 5 weeks.

I've since made improvements in drainage and I should not need it anymore. The improvements work, but are not complete yet.

Electronic level detectors use the conductivity of water. An AC voltage is used to avoid plating of one of the electrodes. dirty water conducts electricity. Pure water doesn't conduct very well.

Water alarms could be ultrasonic, magnetic, float and even electronic to name a few. A float won't help a flooded basement, but could help a water storage tank. A huge tank might use ultrasonics (distance measuring). Magnetic might be used when there are a few levels that need to be detected, say 1/2, 3/4 and full. A pump might turn on at 1/2 and turn on when full.

A one of a kind alarm is an aspirin sitting under a microswitch with the aspirin on the floor. When the aspirin disolves, the alarm goes off.

Electronic alarms are used for a variety of applications in the home. Search for "Water Cop". A water heater leak, a washer leak and a common one for people who have HVAC systems in their attic is to detect water in the overflow pan. Water in the overflow pan will result in the AC not working. If the switch failed, one would have water on the bedroom ceiling. Sump pump failure is another application.

I installed a simple wireless alarm which monitors the level in a french drain in the basement. If that sounds I have to use a wet vac to remove the water before it gets in the basement. I also placed an alarm on a window sill that has a towel on it. If water gets in the window well, the alarm sounds and I have to turn on a bildge pump in the well. The events occurred 2x in one year within 5 weeks.

I've since made improvements in drainage and I should not need it anymore. The improvements work, but are not complete yet.

Electronic level detectors use the conductivity of water. An AC voltage is used to avoid plating of one of the electrodes. dirty water conducts electricity. Pure water doesn't conduct very well.

thank you for your effort

lift the lid on your bog, flush it and watch it fill. Imagine positioning a microswitch so that when the float rises it closes the switch. Then just connect the microswitch, a battery and a buzzer together: there you have it, one simple water alarm. ASCII art: (+)----(uSw)---(Buzz)----(-).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back