Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Plugging a 230VAC device into a 110VAC source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkmate

I have this battery charger which is used in 230V AC environments. I would like to check if it'll work in a 110V environment. Will any damage be done if I attempt a try? Thanks.

checkmate said:
I have this battery charger which is used in 230V AC environments. I would like to check if it'll work in a 110V environment. Will any damage be done if I attempt a try? Thanks.

It shouldn't be damaged, but it won't work, the output voltage will only be 50% of what it should be.

Nigel Goodwin said:
checkmate said:

It shouldn't be damaged, but it won't work, the output voltage will only be 50% of what it should be.
I was expecting that it won't work. Just hoping that the charger's specs were not properly documented :lol:
Thanks!

checkmate,

If it is one of the modern lightweight switch mode chargers that often comes with cellular phones it can work. They sometimes work from 90 – 280V with the same power to the battey.

Ante :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back